Project Inspire instructors are dedicated teachers who facilitate and/or develop online courses as part-time teachers or contracted employees. Qualified and enthusiastic educators that have a passion for integrating technology in teaching and learning are always needed. If you are interested in becoming an online instructor or course developer for Project Inspire, please review the requirements and expectations below and submit your application.
Instructor Guidelines and Expectations
- Have access to high-speed Internet connection and a computer with a speaker and microphone.
- Be able to effectively use online tools such as email, forums, web editors, other emerging web 2.0 tools, and web collaboration tools.
- Spend approximately 5-7 hours weekly on course facilitation (in addition to updating course instruction)
- Check course(s) daily, based on a five day work week.
- Respond to participants (e.g. communication, grading, etc.) within a reasonable time period (recommend 24 hours).
- Attend Project Inspire new session kick-off and end-of-session debrief meetings conducted online.
- Meet administrative communication and deadlines in a timely manner
- Apply “best practices” for effective online instruction:
- Provide clear guidelines and policies regarding facilitator/participant communication
- Promote participant-participant cooperation and collaboration
- Promote active learning
- Provide prompt feedback both in responding to inquiries but also in acknowledging that an assignment has been received
- Provide deadlines
- Set high expectations
- Provide multiple forms of learning (written, aural, visual, manipulative, etc.)
- Participate in the Project Inspire Instructor Professional Learning Community professional development to increase knowledge and application of emerging online instructional tool.
How To Apply To Teach
Click here to apply online or please submit a letter of application, resume and a copy of your Connect! Completion Certificate to:
Project Inspire Program
475 22nd Avenue, Room 209
Honolulu, HI 96816
If teaching opportunites are available, you will be contacted for an interview.